Friday, September 14, 2012

We have been here two and half weeks and decided the easiest way to tell everyone what is going on is to write a blog.  We will be adding photos just as soon as we learn how to do it.

Just a quick overview of what's been happening.  Neil is of course operating equipment which is his first love for work.  The sister in the kitchen whose husband is the chef, her name is Gabby, says her husband's first love is cooking so we know how each other feels. I am working in the "comedor" or dining room and am trying to learn Spanish as well.  Just so you know, Agentinian Spanish is not the same as "our" Spanish.  So if I say weird words when I get home, I'll just say I'm speaking Argentinian.

We live about 40 minutes from the construction site in a town called Canuelas.  We live on the property of the current assembly hall in a little three bedroom house that we share with two other couples that are the age of our children.  Yes, we are the old folks.  There is another housing facility next door that houses about ten other couples that are international servants. 

Neil works five days a week and I work four.  Friday is is my "dia libre" which is my free day but I have chores to do at home and my laundry.  We have been assigned to a Spanish speaking congregation called Norte.  We don't understand anything but we feel the love. 

Last weekend we went to the Luhan Zoo and were able to pet lions, tigers, monkeys, feed elephants and ride a camel.  It was a lot of fun and most of the friends here went also.  We want to attach photos and we will.

We have family worship here on Monday night, it is the WT study conducted in Spanish but we can answer in English if we like.  This weekend is their district convention so there were no meetings.  We will attend the WT and the drama on Sunday.  We went out in the invitation work and Neil actually placed five invitations.  I placed zero.  One thing I noticed, they say no a lot here just like in the US.  More later with pictures when we figure out how to do it.