Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's Been An Exciting Week! Yahoo!

Where do I start?  Que en del mundo?  Or...what in the world?  Anyway.  It has been raining buckets upon buckets upon buckets.  It has't rained though in two days so things are better but there is still a bunch of slushy mud around.  Neil slips and slides around in the backhoe and even had to be pulled out with the forklift.  Louanne, where are you? 

 
This is the future entry to the assembly hall.  An awesome view.



 You can see some of the mud tracks but it has dried out some.  This is a view of the assembly hall standing outside of our kitchen looking towards the northeast. Look at the clouds.

 
Just another view.
 
 
This is the school standing at the end of the temporary shower and bathrooms looking west.
 
 
 
The school is coming along.
Standing in the dining room looking into the living quarters.  Neil wanted to add that he got about 50 mosquito bites taking this picture.  He said to enjoy this photo as it comes at great sacrifice.  Thank you, Neil.
 
 
 
Transformer/Generator Building.  They hope to pour soon.  Rain is expected this weekend again.
 
We have been attending our Spanish Congregation and Neil and I manage to give simple comments each meeting. We sound like little babies but I think the brothers appreciate our efforts.
 
 
Field service has been a challenge for us.  The sister on the right and her husband took us out on Sunday.  I told her I was going to say, "Hola, mi nombre is Cindy.  Nosotros Testigos de Jehova.  Estoy no hablar espanol.  Mi amiga algo dice."  All wrong.  Hello, my name is Cindy.  We are Jehovah's Witnesses.  I do not speak Spanish.  My friend something say.  So it is wrong in both languages.  Well, I didn't get anyone home.  So she did all the talking.
 
 
At the door.
 
 
 
Every morning in the dining room Gaston has the "chicas" do exercises to warm up.  It's a lot of  fun.  But once the exercises (15 minutes) are over, it is run, run, run.

While doing this blog, the electricity went out.  We were without power since Sunday night, all night long.  Then when we came home on Monday it was on.  Yeah.....then it went out.  It was out all night again.  Family worship had to be cancelled.  We had no water either because our water comes from a pump.  However, my husband had empty coke bottles filled with water for some reason.  So, we could brush our teeth and flush the toilet.  I always said if  I was ever on a deserted island I would want to be with Neil.

 
Ok.  Where were we?  Oh, yes.  The kitchen and Gaston.  He has "excessive energy" and he is a crack up.  He always says, "Cindy, would you like to......"  I want to say no, but even though he speaks no English, he still knows what "no" means, so I refrain and just laugh and comply.  I challenged him to throw the pizza.  He used to own a restaurant so I shouldn't have been surprised that he could do it.
 
Well, that is it for today.  There is one last thing that was exciting though.  I have saved it for last and please don't tell my mom.  She doesn't have a computer so she won't see this.  Yesterday we didn't get home till 7:00 p.m.  There were demonstrations in the streets over the power outages.  Well, they were blocking roads by burning tree limbs and old tires and wouldn't let anyone pass.  The police even shut down the highways.   Our chauffeur (doesn't that sound fancy) knew a back road and we took it.  It was all mud and ruts and slipped around but finally made it back to the security of the assembly hall.  Tonight we came home the same way just in case.
I'm not going to proofread, so pardon the errors. 
 
 
I have to end with Gaston throwing the pizza.
 
 
Till next time..... we are still working at Spanish but it is a slow process so I won't end in Spanish this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment