Friday, October 19, 2012

It's Raining Again

Well, today is my dia libre and I'm done with my laundry so I'm going to tell you what's new.  It is raining again.  I guess that isn't new.  And it is supposed to rain tomorrow.  The rain really puts things behind but we keep working.  Two days ago we had lost power during the night and that's when we found out why there are so many candles in our room.

I am going to post some construction pictures because after all, that is what we are here for, so I hope you enjoy them.

 
This is the Ezeiza Assembly Hall as it appreared last Saturday.  Neil and I had to work last Saturday and I was not in the kitchen.  I actually got to run the skid steer which you will see later.  The assembly hall is huge and the surrounding land is also enormous.
 
 
Another View
 
This is the School for Married Couples and also the School for Single Brothers.  You can see the block wall in the back.  All of the buildings are of block because it is much less expensive than wood.  When the school is done it will have rooms for the students so then the IV's and IS's from Canuelas will move there.  We have been invited to stay until February and so we have accepted.  Thank you to our family for supporting us.
 
 

 
Here is Neil in the backhoe with the Assembly Hall in the background.
 
And Neil again through the columns.
 
 
A closer view of the AH.
 
 


 
Ok.  Here is the skid steer I was driving.  The assistant construction overseer let me run it last Saturday all day.  It was crazy.  It moves around so fast without even doing anything hardly.  So here's what happened on my second load.  I lifted the bucket to dump it on a pile and I guess I lifted it too high....no I didn't fall over, but.....I dumped the whole bucket on me and inside the skid steer and completely filled a brother's hardhat with dirt.  The brothers around just laughed and laughed and Neil just shook his head.  I felt really stupid but I laugh now.  From then on, this one brother working laying block got so scared when I came around that he completely would stop working.  That was funny.  I thought he was going to have a stroke.
 
 
Last Sunday after the meeting, we went for a walk in the woods of the property of the assembly hall where we live in Canuelas.  When coming back, some brothers and sisters were having a picnic because they had been doing maintenance on the assembly hall and grounds here.  One brother ran up to us and said, "Hermano, torte?"  Well, when we heard "torte"  (cake)  we said si.  Well, we spent the rest of the day with them eating torte and playing soccer and volleyball.  None of them spoke any English so that is always interesting.  When we get back we challenge everyone to charades.  We are getting pretty good at it. 
 
 
Last night at the meeting the little girl on the right
 gave a talk.  I don't understand Spanish but it sure sounded good to me.  These are fleshly sisters that are alway so nice to us.  The older one is the same age as Myah.  The congregation is very friendly and we each commented last night.  When we try at all to speak Spanish they just go nuts.  We are getting better a little each day.  But our singing...well, we sit in the back row!
 
As for Gaston, well, he made pasta yesterday, gnocchi.  I don't care for gnocchi, until now.  It was so good and of course homemade yesterday.  You can't get fresher than that.    Well, that's what's up for this week.  And we'll keep posting. Hope the circuit assembly is good and a special congratulations to our granddaughter Myah.  We love you and are so proud. Jehovah is too.   Also congratulations  to Mandy and Aubrey.
 
 Hasta la proxima vez.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment